For Your Health…
Tips to Developing Better Health and Well-being
STRONG BONES MEAN A STRONG BODY
- causes bones to become thin and weak and break or fracture easily
- affects 25 million Americans, 80% are women
- is a “silent” disease because bone loss occurs without symptoms
- can affect anyone at any age.
PREVENTION IS THE BEST TREATMENT
- Exercise regularly- weight bearing activities like walking, aerobics, or light weight-training are best.
- Do not smoke and limit alcohol intake
- Eat foods rich in calcium- milk, cheese, yogurt, salmon, broccoli and greens.
- Supplement with calcium.
If a higher level of wellness is a personal goal of yours, but you are in need of some external guidance and motivation, contact your neighborhood Pharmacist / Nutritionist / Fitness Professionals at Carnegie-Sargent’s Pharmacy and Health Center. (312) 280-1220. Remember health promotion begins with you!
Ask Your Pharmacist – Have a question for us? Give us a call or stop in for a private consultation. If you’d prefer, send a message below and it may end up in a future Ask the Pharmacist article.
– Mark Paley, Registered Pharmacist/Director